Our top priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of our residents and thrift store customers. Our trust is in the Lord and we know that He will guide us through these uncertain times and give us wisdom on how to approach the days to come. The men and women in our program are in good spirits and continuing with their recovery process in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We take public health concerns seriously and are taking the following steps to mitigate the risks associated with this virus:
- At this time, our thrift stores are remaining open during their regularly scheduled hours which can be viewed on the thrift store page of our website. CDC guidelines for cleaning and disinfecting our facilities are being enforced. We are asking thrift store staff and customers who aren’t feeling well to refrain from visiting our thrift stores.
- All current and incoming thrift store donations are being cleaned and sanitized.
- All thrift store employees are wearing gloves for the entirety of their shifts.
- Thrift store donations are still being provided. Please use the Esther House Thrift Store donation drop boxes or place your donations in the outside boxes or crates provided.
- No outside events, classes or weekend passes are being allowed for our men’s and women’s recovery program residents.
- All residences are following CDC cleaning protocol.
- No visitors are permitted at the residences.
- We are currently continuing to receive new intakes who arrive by car (not airplane, bus, or any other form of public transportation) as long as they are not exhibiting any respiratory or flu-like symptoms and have not been in contact with an infected person.
- All staff and volunteers are practicing CDC recommended hygiene and social distancing guidelines.
We are asking for those who can to donate paper products (e.g. paper towels, toilet paper, napkins, etc.) and cleaning products/disinfectants to help keep our residences stocked. Donation drop-off locations are listed below.
Esther House (Behind Top of the River Restaurant)
- 3228 McClellan Blvd.
- Anniston, AL 36204
Coastal Women’s Rehabilitation Center
- 302 S. Alston St.
- Foley, AL 36535
With the constantly evolving nature of this pandemic, our staff is staying in contact several times daily to make the appropriate plans and decisions on behalf of those we serve. We are grateful for anyone who would like to make a donation during this challenging time to help offset additional expenses and potential thrift store revenue losses caused by this pandemic. Thank you for your generosity and believing in the Kingdom-building impact of this ministry!
We stand on the promises of God’s Word in the face of what our world is experiencing in these historic days. May the Lord grant you peace, joy, and His protection as we journey through this trial together.
Founder & Executive Director